Frequently Asked Questions

What do I do if I receive a parking ticket?
You have 14 days to pay this citation. Please mail to: Middletown Police Department, P.O. 43819, Middletown, KY 40253, or pay in person at 11803 Old Shelbyville Rd. Failure to respond to this citation may result in additional fines and costs.

If you would like to appeal this citation please send your request to:
Code Enforcement Board, City of Middletown, P.O. Box 43048, Middletown, KY 40253. Be sure to include Citation number, issue date, License #, and basis of appeal. Appeal must be received by the City within 7 days of citation issuance. Code Enforcement Board has the option to assign higher fines, fees and Board costs.

My car was towed in Middletown, who do I call?
Tony’s Wrecker 426-4100

How do I receive a Collision or Crime Report?
Vehicle Collision Reports can be obtained for $10 from, Crime Reports can be obtained from Also, reports may be ready after 7-10 days--Monday – Thursday only. Call 365-1900 to schedule a pickup time at 11803 Old Shelbyville Rd for a fee of $5.00.

Does MPD provide House and Business Watch?
This is a free service provided by Middletown Police Department. An Officer will attempt to check your home during regular patrol shift. We can provide you with a detailed report after you return home. Please fill out the form below. If you have needs beyond this or additional questions, please contact us at (502) 365-1900. (Property Watch Form)

How do I report illegal activity such as Narcotics, etc?
If it is an emergency or in progress, call 911. If it is an on-going situation within the Middletown City Limits you can call us at 365-1900 or to leave an anonymous tip at Crime Stoppers 582-CLUE or 574-LMPD.

Does MPD offer fingerprinting or background check serves?
No. You can call Anchorage PD, J-town PD, St. Matthews PD, or Metro Corrections.

How do I find out if someone has been arrested?
All persons age 18 and over arrested in Jefferson County are taken to Metro Corrections. They can be reached at 574-8477. It takes about an hour before the arrested person is in their system. Juveniles are taken to the Jefferson County Youth Center (JCYC). Their number is 574-6854.